All information contained in this website is of a general nature and is not intended to be exhaustive. It is made available in good faith and believed to be correct at the time of preparation.
The information does not provide specific investment advice, as the needs, financial and investment objectives of any particular person, including yours, were not taken into account when preparing the information. The information is not intended to replace professional advice and we recommend you consult a licensed authorised adviser of SPM Investment Group before making any investment decision.
We do not guarantee the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information nor that the website is free from viruses or access to it will be uninterrupted.
Portfolio reporting to Private Clients may from time to time not reflect the actual position of the portfolio. In some events the information contained in some reports is provided solely or partially by third parties for whom SPM Investment Group does not acknowledge responsibility. Should such an instance be detected please contact our office via email [email protected] immediately.
Applications, investments or strategy advice inline with any recommendations are only accepted on receipt of an application form accompanying a current disclosure document and the signed Authority to Proceed. Detailed information about the relevant product and services is contained in the disclosure document or provided advice document and supportive research. The repayment of your investment and performance of some investments, products and services are not guaranteed. If a specific item provides an underlying guarantee we will clearly inform you.
The information is only provided for Australian residents (other than Private Clients of SPM Investment Group) and not for the use of any person outside of Australia as the investments, products and services may not comply with non-Australian laws. References to currency in this website are to Australian dollars, unless otherwise specified.
SPM Investment Group has always been committed to the ongoing professional development of our advisory team, and has been upholding high standards of adviser education, training and professional standards since commencement of its operations. The new Professional Standards Reform legislation, implemented by the Financial Adviser Standards and Ethics Authority (FASEA), requires that, amongst various education and training requirements, Licensees now publish their policy on adviser continued professional development (CPD Policy).
A copy of the SPM Investment Group CPD Policy can be downloaded here.
SPM Investment Group abides by the Australian Privacy Principals (APPs) established under the Privacy Act 1988 to protect your privacy.
The legal requirements for privacy are incorporated into the advice documents you receive when dealing with SPM Investment Group.
The basic principles are:
1. We will only collect information from you that we require in order to enable us to render advice and provide services in relation to your financial and portfolio management* needs.
2. We will only provide this information to other third parties such as brokers, fund managers, legal and taxation specialist and life companies for the purposes of providing financial advice and services.
3. We will not sell or provide your information to any other third party not connected with the provision of these financial services.
4. We will keep your personal information secure and only allow SPM Investment Group staff access to that information on a need-to-know basis.
5. You need to be aware that our records are audited each calendar year. Your records maybe chosen for review, if you do not wish you information to be released you will need to provide a sign statement to be held on file.
6. If you wish to know what information we hold about you, we will tell you and give you access to that information.
*Includes investment, strategy, estate, risk and debt management.
SPM Investment Group is committed to ensuring you receive pre-eminent financial, portfolio and investment advice. If you have a complaint about the service or quality of advice provided to you by a specific SPM representative, you should take the following steps:
1. Contact your specific adviser and tell him or her about the complaint.
2. If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved within 5 working days, contact SPM Investment Group:
Phone: + 61 7 5479 6808
Post: Compliance Officer
PO Box 233 Maroochydore QLD 4558
Email: [email protected]
We will be happy to resolve your complaint quickly and fairly.
Once we have received your complaint in writing we will firstly acknowledge receipt (within 5 working days) and secondly respond (also in writing) within 30 days. Our response will be compiled in consultation with your adviser and only after thorough investigation of all matters.
After you have received our response, should you not be satisfied you have the right to take the matter and complaint to an external complaints resolution body.
SPM Investment Group is proud to be a member (no. 12736) of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). You can contact them at the following address:
Australian Financial Complaints Authority
GPO Box 3
Melbourne VIC 3001